Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hi all. I hope everyone had a super duper festive Thanksgiving and getting excited for all things HOLIDAY!!!!! I have not been in the city for the holidays since 2006 because I've been away working on one show or another. Therefore, I am very much looking forward to it and like a little kid! Tomorrow I am spreading out on my sis' kitchen table with my nephew and niece and building a gingerbread house. I do not know who is more excited...them or ME! :) YAY!...holiday spirit...lets all be grateful :)! Getting back to business, Ive been working on 30 Rock again this month. I was very excited to get the call by Barbara McNamara Casting. This time I was hired to be the stand-in for a 10 year old little girl. Ya gotta love it right?? Its kind of funny but because I'm so teeny it has been a great job for me in between theatre gigs. Jane Krakowski's character on 30 Rock was in a flashback scene where she was 10 years old. They needed a stand-in for that child and they knew I had prior experience. After meeting with the director for a "screen test" which was really more like an interview...I got the job. Its nice to know that what often hurts me being a technically trained dancer in the musical theatre industry (my very small stature) actually benefits me in this cool other outlet. It was exhilarating to be in this intimate scene on set of this highly acclaimed TV show. The little girl playing "young Jane" is not allowed to work more than a certain number of hours because of child labor laws so it is helpful to have a small adult step in for the long work day. It always makes me nervous the first time I read the scene with the "1st team". Luckily I memorize lines quickly and was very proud of myself for not freaking out with Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan inches away from me. :) ...very cool to say the least. In addition, the fall was extremely busy for me. I was juggling rehearsals for two different shows that just completed in New York City. One was part of a series called Scrambled Sundays which was a benefit for Dancers Responding to Aids. The other was an aerial show/benefit I was asked to be a part of. It is a challenge to keep up training in all the areas necessary. But it is the most important part of my work. Its exhausting at times but so very fulfilling. I love the process and it keeps me growing as a performer and as a person. I had another very special experience during this holiday season. Along with other singers, I volunteered to travel around and sing Christmas carols to the homeless at various homeless shelters. It wasn't much, but a little goes a long way. It did so much for their spirit just by spreading some holiday cheer. It was my honor and privilege, as well as a very humbling experience I will always remember. So folks, I'm still slowly but surely getting everything up on this new site so keep checking back. Check out the Phoebe and Wonderland movie reviews starring Felicity Huffman on the Press Page. I was the stand-in for little 9 year old Elle Fanning and it finally came out this summer. It was an exciting thing to be a part of and an extremely good film. Have a great holiday season everyone and all the best, amy :)