Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hi y'all! I hope everyone had a good summer. I certainly was productive on a lot of fronts myself. Having found my footing again in NYC after being gone working on Barnum for so many months, it's been a good feeling being back. It has allowed me to reconnect with the city, friends, and colleagues, all of which are extremely important. It's always an amazing part of my job/life to be away doing a show. At times it's like a paid vacation and I thank my lucky stars to be doing what I love each and every day. However, it is a challenge to do 8 shows a week and keep up the vigorous level of technique and skill required of a professional. This is why coming home to New York after a long contract, while bittersweet, is a good thing for the mind/body and soul. It's allowed me to get back to work honing my craft. It's often difficult when first returning from such incredible performance work to get going again. I liken it to post partum depression for actors :)...I always need a good kick in the pants to get going again after the proper mourning period. We give so much of ourselves when in a show. Once it has ended and we leave our fellow company members, it's a lot like leaving one's family behind. Well, all good things must come to an end right? :) We performers always joke that its always a bit backwards to us. It's when we are lucky enough to be perfoming a show in a beautiful part of the world...that it's essentially "play-time" :) However, when we are inbetween contracts, this is when the "work" actually is most demanding and our job is the most difficult. I've really worked hard since I've been back and even been a little social (gasp!). I've added new repertoire for upcoming Broadway shows to my book and continued the aerial acrobatic training I learned during my time away with Barnum. I've had many exciting new prospects on the show-front that I hope come to fruition. I LOVE the process and the day to day journey. It's simply so exciting and I wish you all could experience what I mean! In the meantime, I've been working on tv and film sets. I definitely prefer live theatre, however; it's always good to learn other parts of the industry and will only make me a more well-rounded thorough individual. Happy Happy October everyone. I am slowly but surely getting everything up on this new site so keep checking back. Check out the Phoebe and Wonderland movie reviews starring Felicity Huffman on the Press Page. I was the stand-in for little 9 year old Elle Fanning and it finally came out this summer. It was an exciting thing to be a part of. All the Best to You, amy